Tuesday, August 24, 2010

God has a Plan.

  One of my (Lora's) life verses is Proverbs 16:9 "A man's heart plans his ways, but the Lord directs his path." (NKJV)  God is continually challenging me with this verse in my life.  I like plans, making plans, knowing what's ahead and prepare.  God, however, reminds me daily that He is in control, not I! Just when I think I know what He has planned for me, what I thought I knew becomes something else.  I can see looking back how God tried to prepare me for His plan, but I was too busy constructing my own or doing what I thought was in His plans yet I wasn't quite hitting the mark He had set up before me.

  I was really hoping that we would be able to journey to Spain early this fall.  Unfortunately, the visa paperwork process is tedious and takes time (at least three months).  I was really bummed about plans being foiled, but, as my husband so gently reminded me, "We will get there when God wants us there."  Now, I know that it will be around the holiday season before we are probably able to go. I can see God's goodness in giving us more time to spend with friends and family before our two year commitment in Spain.  I was excited to get to have an entire semester teaching my PE classes at Horizon Christian School again and more time to prepare our whole family in the language and culture of Spain.  But God continues to stretch me even in this time, I received a phone call yesterday morning that I would no longer be teaching at the school. While the principal was not actively seeking my replacement at this time, he received an inquiry into the position and decided since there was an interest, now was the time for the change.  I'm very sad to be leaving the children after only two weeks.  I know that I will see them, considering how much time I spend over in the building, but it's not the same.  I know that God has a plan and is directing my steps.  I just thought I knew the plan. Not having this job will significantly impact our income until we leave.  I'm waiting to see what God has for me through this loss.  Perhaps, He's clearing my plate because I need some more time in preparing for Spain each day.  Perhaps, the money doesn't matter; after all, He is our provider.  It's definitely an interesting turn of events.  Thank you God for always being in control!  (Thank you God that I am not!)

No comments: